Friday, April 12, 2013

Contemporary Kitchen - Cinnamon Bread

A while ago, I pinned some knock-off "Amish Cinnamon Bread" on pinterest.  Basically just a quick bread version of the starter kind that gets passed around.  So, one Sunday morning, I needed to make something to take to lunch with friends, and this seemed easy with simple ingredients.  So I threw it together.  A-ma-zing!  Seriously, this stuff was really good!

So, it got me thinking.  Is it really as good as the Amish Friendship Bread that requires the waiting and bag mushing and all that??  So, I embarked on a very scientific, highly regulated study to see if this was all it claimed to be.  (Disclaimer: this study was neither scientific or regulated...)

So, today you get the knock-off version from Redfly Creations.

First, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.


Add milk (either use buttermilk, or regular milk plus 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar), flour and baking soda and mix together.


So far, super simple!


Divide the batter into two loaf pans.


Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over top of batter.


Swirl the mixture into the batter with a knife.


Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I forgot to take pictures of it when it was done, but take my word that it looked good...and like I said, it was delicious!


But, the question remains...is it really as good as the traditional Amish Friendship bread?  Stay tuned to find out...

Grace and love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment